The kids woke up today, way before I was ready for them too!!!
After breakfast, we decided to go to Dinosaur Park, and the farmers market there. (Not nearly as big as the one in San Luis), and then go to the beach again, because that is all the girls wanted to do.
Trevor joined us today at Pismo Beach. He had his surf board, and told us he would let us know if he say any ocean creatures for us to look at, because before he went out he could see some seals. Kami & Liz went out in the water up to their waists, and probably about 20-40 ft away, (I don't do distances guessing very well) there was a group of Dolphins swimming by. It was amazing.
The kids loved the beach, the water, the sand, and everything about it. I wish it would have been a little warmer though.
After the beach, Jacque & I loaded the car, while Trevor took the kids swimming at the club house again (thanks for that).
We headed back to St George after feeding the kids lunch. The ride is about 8 hrs, but it took us about 9. We only stopped once, I think it was Barstow, at the Taco Bell, for potty break and dinner, and gas. This took about 30 min. Then Kris got pulled over with 10 miles to go to get to the house in St George, and got a ticket for no insurance in the car, and for failing to stay in one lane. I think that the cop thought he had a drunk driver, and was not about to give anyone a warning. If you want a more detailed version of this ticket, let me know, and I will tell you all about how unfair I fell it was. After all of that we arrived at the house in St George at about 1 am, totally exhausted from the drive.
We got up the next morning and went for a swim, and then decided it was hot, and we wanted to go home. Cleaned up and went home, and were able to make it home in just less than 4 hrs, with only 1 quick stop. Can I just say the trip home was a lot smoother than the trip there.
Thanks for everyone that helped make this trip so great!!!! We had a great time, and had wonderful experiences!!!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Kris I'm so impressed! Your girls will remember that trip always. However, I'm happy your home now.... but sad we have yet to see each other! It's just not right Kris... no hatting okay? I'm just kidding! Love you lots!
Post a Comment