Monday, August 11, 2008

Girls Trip To Cali-Day 1 & 2

We all piled in to the car, at about 6:00 pm Tuesday to start out our girls trip. Jacque had rearranged her work schedule so that I wouldn't have to go by myself. (I am truly grateful for her help). We drove to St George, got there around 10:30, put the girls to bed, so we could get up and start our trip to LA the next morning.

Somewhere between Baker and Barstow I had Jacque text our cousin Alan, whose house we were planning on staying at on Wednesday night, to make sure we were headed in the right direction, and to let him know about what time we would be arriving. He texted her back and said that he was in AZ working, (It had just come up), and that his neighbor would let us in, after much thought we decided to try and get a hotel, since we really just wanted to see and visit with him. Nicole from the office has a brother that works for Marriott, so we called her, and thankfully they both went out of there way, and we were able to get a hotel in downtown LA, at a great price!!!!

When we got to the hotel, they hadn't received the certificate for the friends and family rate, so he had to fax it again (THANKS SO MUCH), and then they finally got the certificate, and we were able to check into the room. The beds were doubles, so I was glad that we had grabbed the aero bed from St George to use at sister Nicole's.

We got settled and decided to drive to Santa Monica pier, to see the ocean, and get some dinner. We went down to get the car. (They only have valet parking at this hotel). The valet brought my car up, but didn't park it very well, and the area was packed. I decided to not wait for the taxi, thinking I could maneuver out, well I was really close to the taxi cab that was next to me, and hit his mirror down the side of my car. I about lost it!!!! The taxi driver said all it did was move his mirror, but he asked me several times if I was going to be ok, and to be careful out there. The kids were so loud in the car, and then that happened, and I was supposed to be driving in LA, not knowing where I was going. Thankfully Jacque was able to calm all of us down, and we headed out to find some dinner.

I had borrowed my dad's GPS, we had found a Ruby's that the GPS said was 3 miles away, well after about 20 minutes, and who knows how many miles, the GPS said that we had arrived at our destination-----Only no Ruby's was to be found!!! We finally found somewhere else to eat, and then went to stop at a Walgreen's to see if I could get some Zanax, because I had left mine home. Well, the prescription had expired, so that was a no go, I was going to just have to cope with my anxiety----Sorry Jacque & Girls, for my crazy anxiety. Well by the time we had finished at dinner and Walgreen's it was dark, and we decided to got back to the hotel, and get some sleep. Believe me we all needed it!!!

No comments: