Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bowling Is Hazardous to your Health


Last night we went bowling with my family. We had never taken our kids bowling so we thought it should be great fun! Well, it didn't start out so well, Paul was helping Lexi, and she had dropped the ball and it had rolled a few feet (maybe 2) so Paul thought that he could walk out on the lane ande kick it to make it move. He didn't realize how slippery the lane is, and slipped and fell. The bumpers were up, and are automatic, and since it was Lexi's 2nd ball, they started to close automatically. His foot was in between the bumper, and was going to be smashed by it, so he tried to make it come back up, and somehow he cut his finger.

He needed to go have stitches, Danielle, who wasn't bowling, took him to the Urgent Care, by our house. The girls and I finished our game, It was a long one, they had never bowled, except for on the wii, and were somewhat freaked out about this whole bowling experience, with blood and all.

At one point I went and had them put the bumpers up & down for Kami, she freaked out even more. So we had them removed from her, I didn't realize that she was really traumatized by it. Nonetheless, we finished our bowling game approx 1 hr & 15 min later, and went to pick Paul up at the Urgent Care.

When we got there the Dr was just getting ready to stitch him up, so I took the girls and got them a Frosty, hoping to calm them down some. Well after we had done that Paul called and asked what Hospital to go to, and that freaked out all the girls. So we picked him up, and against his wishes, we all took him down to St Marks hospital. I dropped him & Liz off, and went to the office to finish something. Kami, Lexi & I returned to the hospital at about 10:30, hoping he would be done soon, since this had happened at 7:15. Well, they had just taken him back to the room, so we had to wait until the dr came in to stitch him up. He had on his report that it was a saw that had cut him, we laughed and told him it had happened bowling, he didn't believe us at first, but then we convinced him. He had never heard of that happening before......Just our luck!!! Liz & Lexi watched intently as the dr stitched him up, while Kami hid her face on my shoulder or would walk out of the room. After 2 stitches inside and 11 outside, and through his finger nail, he is all together again, and we were able to head home at 12:10. What a long night!! I sure hope we can go bowling again some day without it being such an experience!!!


2 comments:

Bryce & Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! I missed out on the adventure (i'm kinda glade I was out of town for this episoide)! But none the less I love you and miss you and I hope the girls will still try bowling again sometime soon!

Danielle said...

pretty awesome.