Part of our purpose for this trip was to go to the American Girl Store and to visit my sister Nicole at her new home.
We got up and got ready to go. Packed our bags, and miraculously carried all our bags down to the car by ourselves. (I was to cheap to call the bell man), we were quite a sight, Jacque had to tell Kami & Liz to stop grunting, and no one would look at as strange.
We need to eat breakfast, and we thought that we would try to find a McDonald's with the GPS. Well, who knows were the McD's was, we ended up giving up, and found a Jack In The Box on our own, without the GPS. We decided that it needed to be updated, and was only useful for guiding us on the roads, or a destination that we could type in the address.
We then headed to the American Girl Store were we were going to meet our friends there. I called them on the way, and asked what the were doing. Well somehow we hadn't communicated very well, because they were planning on going the next day. Panic set in because she had the reservations for lunch, and I didn't want to have this messed up. So I did my best and did not let my girls see my emotions. We arrived at the store at about 10:30 am, and there was hardly anyone there, Jacque helped them pick a hairstyle for their dolls that they had brought with them, and I went up to see if there was any way that they had any spots for us for lunch. My emotions got the best of me, when the girls weren't there, and I started to cry, as I talked to the girl at the restaurant, she told me not to worry, they had room, and would go move two tables together so that we could eat lunch. I pulled myself together and went and told Jacque and the girls.
We sat down to lunch, and had a great time!!! Halfway through Kami & Liz said "this is fun, can we do this again? We thought that this was going to be stupid" Glad that they really enjoyed it. After lunch all 3 girls picked out the dolls that they wanted to purchase, and we looked around the store some more, and then left to take the 3 hr drive to Nicole's in Pismo Beach.
On the way there, I bribed the kids with a drink and a treat, if they would be quiet on the drive. The Chevron that we pulled up to, sold food, but the food was inside with the attendant, you just had to tell him what you wanted, this would have never of worked for my girls-----to indecisive, they have to be able to look, and look and look. So we loaded back up and went to another gas station. The bribe did work though!!!
We arrived at Nicole's at about 5 pm, unpacked the car, and head to San Luis Obisbo for dinner and the weekly Farmer's Market that they hold there. We had dinner at Firestone BBQ, it was great!!! The walked the street that they close off for the farmer's market. It was a pretty neat experience, and the berries that we purchased were Delicious!!!!
We got up and got ready to go. Packed our bags, and miraculously carried all our bags down to the car by ourselves. (I was to cheap to call the bell man), we were quite a sight, Jacque had to tell Kami & Liz to stop grunting, and no one would look at as strange.
We need to eat breakfast, and we thought that we would try to find a McDonald's with the GPS. Well, who knows were the McD's was, we ended up giving up, and found a Jack In The Box on our own, without the GPS. We decided that it needed to be updated, and was only useful for guiding us on the roads, or a destination that we could type in the address.
We then headed to the American Girl Store were we were going to meet our friends there. I called them on the way, and asked what the were doing. Well somehow we hadn't communicated very well, because they were planning on going the next day. Panic set in because she had the reservations for lunch, and I didn't want to have this messed up. So I did my best and did not let my girls see my emotions. We arrived at the store at about 10:30 am, and there was hardly anyone there, Jacque helped them pick a hairstyle for their dolls that they had brought with them, and I went up to see if there was any way that they had any spots for us for lunch. My emotions got the best of me, when the girls weren't there, and I started to cry, as I talked to the girl at the restaurant, she told me not to worry, they had room, and would go move two tables together so that we could eat lunch. I pulled myself together and went and told Jacque and the girls.
We sat down to lunch, and had a great time!!! Halfway through Kami & Liz said "this is fun, can we do this again? We thought that this was going to be stupid" Glad that they really enjoyed it. After lunch all 3 girls picked out the dolls that they wanted to purchase, and we looked around the store some more, and then left to take the 3 hr drive to Nicole's in Pismo Beach.
On the way there, I bribed the kids with a drink and a treat, if they would be quiet on the drive. The Chevron that we pulled up to, sold food, but the food was inside with the attendant, you just had to tell him what you wanted, this would have never of worked for my girls-----to indecisive, they have to be able to look, and look and look. So we loaded back up and went to another gas station. The bribe did work though!!!
We arrived at Nicole's at about 5 pm, unpacked the car, and head to San Luis Obisbo for dinner and the weekly Farmer's Market that they hold there. We had dinner at Firestone BBQ, it was great!!! The walked the street that they close off for the farmer's market. It was a pretty neat experience, and the berries that we purchased were Delicious!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment