
It has taken me a week to gather my feelings about this enough so that I wouldn't cry forever. I had gone home for Sunday School and really didn't want to go back for Relief Society but something inside me made me go. The week previous to this I had been thinking so much of Kassie. It has been 10 1/2 years but sometimes there are times when I feel like it has only been a week or a month ago, not 10 1/2 years, that we lost our precious little girl. Well the lesson in Relief Society was on death, Joseph Smith Book, Chp 14. You can read the lesson here. Well anyway in the lesson there is a section on parents that lose children, and gives comfort. It was a great comfort hearing this on this day, as I had been thinking of her often the past week. I always knew that it was God's plan for her to be taken from me, I often think it is so that I can appreciate my other children more. I am forever thankful for the plan of salvation, and that I will be able to raise her in heaven. At the end of the lesson the teacher played a slide show with the song Only Imagine. ( I have included this in my playlist). I was crying through the whole lesson, and then listening to the song, I was truly touched, and continued to cry even more. (I know you all are saying big surprise.)
Just wanted to make a little explanation for why the song, and how touched I was, and my big reminder again that our Heavenly Father loves us, and is always trying to teach us, and to help us grow.
Also, I just want to include this on this post, I found this today, and don't want to forget it.
"The best way to have a little bit of Heaven in your home, is to have someone you love in Heaven."




2 comments:
Beautiful post Kris!
Kris I've never seen this picture of your sweet Cassie and it truley hit me of the reality that you lost her. She is beautiful. I know that you will be with her someday. Thanks for always being such a great friend and for all that you do for me and my family!
Love-Cami
Post a Comment