This story is a little long but worth it..... My good friend Cami Ware had just called to see if I had some Dijon Mustard, went upstairs to check and sure enough had thrown that away after our trip to St George in February when the refridgerator door had been left open. I then remembered that I need to go buy some of the Kellogg cereal that was on sale at Albertson's, but that I didn't want to take my kids to the store to buy it. She offered to have them come over while I went and then I could get her some dijon mustard, (Great friend because my kids have had strep throat, Liz didn't go to school on Monday). So we were getting ready to go, I got in the car, and while we were waiting for Liz to get in the car, I asked Kami to go find my cell phone, and if she had to call the phone to find it. Well she came out and told me that she couldn't find it, but it was ringing somewhere in the kitchen. I went back inside, and the phone was ringing, the caller id said West Jordan Ci, but they had hung up when I answered the phone. I saw my phone plugged in the charger, grabbed it and we were on our way. I called Paul on the way to drop the kids off to make sure he was ok, and not in an accident, because of the phone call, he was great so, everything was ok. I dropped the kids of at Ware's and jumped back in the car to head to the store, as soon as I was back in the car, my great neighbor, Karen, called me to let me know that there was 2 policeman standing at my front door. It all clicked right then and I started laughing. I told her that I was turning around and would be right back, if she could go tell them that. I got home and explained what had happened. They asked if we should check on the kids to make sure they were ok. I told them no one was in the house, but they could look if they wanted, they said that they trusted me, took my name, dob, and phone number and left. I called Karen to thank her, because without her, I am sure that they would have broken the door down to make sure things were okay inside. So I left the house and went to the grocery store for the best bargain purchase that I have ever made, get ready for this. 43 boxes of Kellogg's cereal for pretty much nothing. When you buy 7 boxes for $14, you would get a coupon for $10 off of your next order, but I had coupons for $4 off of 4 boxes that Paul had me save. So I was able to purchase 7 boxes of cereal for .42!!!!! I was so excited about my great purchase that I almost forgot what had happened about the 911 call. When I calmed down, I had a talk with the girls and explained for them to tell the 911 operator that it was a misdial so that they wouldn't send officers to our house again. I hope they listened, because this has happened more than once, but we have always been home.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
did you seriously buy 43 boxes of cereal? what for????
and great saving skills but are you possibly going to be able to eat them all before the expo date...I mean seriously. how did you get them to your car?
I think the picture is awesome! I guess the Hitesman Family needs to have a cereal party! And everyone has to bring there own milk! haha
Post a Comment